Should I replace my entire washing machine drum?

Our old Hotpoint went 15 years in a hard water area, with no significant scale (and a good proportion of 'hot' washes).

The only thing the hard water might have done was hasten the failure of the heater seal after about 12 years. Integral with the heater, but easy and cheap enough to repair (and the heater was almost clear of scale when I removed it).

Reply to
Bob Eager

Well, maybe surprisingly...eventually I got the machine fixed and all is working well!

Was it worth all the time and pain? Hmmm, that's debatable.

Yes, there is one small screw left over and I don't know where it goes. Maybe it was on the floor earlier and isn't part of the machine at all....

Michael

Reply to
Michael Kilpatrick

Well done.

You're duty bound to let us know how long the machine lasts now. ;-)

I'm pretty sure that's normal. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

En el artículo , Michael Kilpatrick escribió:

It's 16 years old. It owes you nothing. New machine.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I could be lying to save face, and the machine could still be in pieces on the utility room floor for all you know!

But I'm not that proud. If it blows up over the next month or I'll let you know!

Michael

Reply to
Michael Kilpatrick