Should I relocatr the thermostat?

Rather than try and desribe the room I have linked to a plan (not too scale) of the rooms concerned, location of radiators and thermostat.

The question is should I locate the thermo elsewhere as it sits almost above one of the radiators, I could probably locate it in the hallway quite easily as its just the other side of the wall. All radiators have TRVs.

ss

Get a Honeywell radio stat then you can experiment at will. Brilliant.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Other makes of radio thermostats are available. Is the current 'stat an simple bi-metal one or an electronic one?

The position of the current one doesn't look ideal. What happens of you turn that radiator off? Is the lounge at a more consistent temperature compared to before?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Its an electronic one but not wireless. I am still trying to suss out that particular rad as I never sit in the lounge as my wife watches TV in there and I dont do TV, she complains on occasion the room is cold which focussed my attention on the stat. I will adjust it over the next couple of days and see if it makes a difference. The stat also has the timer built in so not sure if I get a wireless one how all this would fit together but I can cross that bridge when necessary, in the meantime I shall just try and improve with what I have.

Reply to
ss

It's amazing how virtually every problem brought to the attention of this group has at its root a whining woman.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

draughts, in the place you use the most (living room?), not close to radiators/other heat sources, around 1200mm from the floor. With a tamperproof setting.

Reply to
harry

Harry - you are laying down the law again and making yourself look silly.

If you had said "In my experience blah-de-blah", then fine, but my experience in possibly a different house layout to yours, is quite the opposite in terms of the where the controller is. And that's the point that one of the posters is making about having a wireless one - you need to experiment to see which is the best place for your house.

In my case I did have the thermostat in the living room and because its temperature is influenced by solar gain, a wood burning stove if the sitting room door is open, people and the cooker, the thermostat went off too early for the rest of the house.

I moved the thermostat to a cool back corridor, rebalanced everything, put TRV's on the living room radiators, and the system is near enough perfect.

That's my experience - Oh and it's 2m above the floor !

Reply to
robgraham