Should I plaster a wall before fitting insulated plasterboard?

I've taken the wall back to the brick and it's reasonably straight should I plaster it before I fit the insulated plasterboard which is

30mm insulated stuff with a thin 12mm plaster board attached.
Reply to
405 TD Estate

No - why on earth would you want to do that?!

David

Reply to
Lobster

So the wall is completely flat and smooth before putting the insulated plasterboard on.

Reply to
405 TD Estate

It would usually be easier to scribe battens to the wall if that is the case.

Reply to
John Rumm

Doesn't need to be smooth, the plaster adhesive will sort out minor variations. To be sure, you could always put some plaster dabs on the wall and level those with a straightedge. I've used screws before now, the advantage being you can adjust them in and out indefinitely until you get everything level. At least then you know which bits may need bigger blobs of adhesive.

Reply to
Stuart Noble