Should I go ahead anyway?

I'd like to build a nuclear bomb shelter at the bottom of our back garden. My missus reckons it's out of the question because I don't have planning permission.

I figure that if I build it beyond the end of the lawn, behind the arbor, and keep it totally underground and, therefore, totally out of sight then I don't need planning permission.

Should I hang around waiting for the powers that be to interfere, yet again, with my life or should I get on with my project?

-- Jack

Reply to
Happy Jack

I'm sure there'll be a specific building regulation making it a serious offence to protect yourself. After all, it would be unfair if you had a shelter and other people didn't, wouldn't it? You should pay a heavy tax to the government so that you can no longer afford a shelter...

;-)))

Reply to
Frank Erskine

If you only have just the one nuclear bomb then a simple shelter is fine, a simple lean-to or car port could be used. Ventilation is important to prevent internal condensation, standing the bomb on bricks will also help prevent insect infestation. Don't allow it to overheat in the midday summer sun, the bomb's active ingredients can start going a bit runny above 50C.

Now, this could be a problem, ownership of nucular weapons needs more than just planning permission, you should start looking at how to build a silo

are some grains of useful knowledge there.

Ok, you certainly want a silo then.

However, if you've set your heart on a bunker then look up the Archie brand, they were supposed to be quite popular in the states

Paul Herber

Be careful moving it around...

Andrew Gabriel

Well it'll probably be all right if he follows the same proceadure as if he'd worked for a builder through PAYE.

He'll just have to build three other shelters (that's all) and donate them to the government who will give them to useless scroungers who have never done a day's work in their lives. Ensuring as a secondary benefit that after the holocaust the government will still be assued a majority in the elections.

Gordon Mac Shite-Features, "HELPING THE POOREST !" as always.

Derek.

Reply to
Derek

Given the importance of owning a truly independent nuclear deterrent, I don't think the owner can afford the time delays associated with self-build - just buy one:

dom

Just build one in the bedroom.. you can scout out the area for a skip or two and get some used doors to lean against a wall, add a few sand bags and a bucket and away you go.

Reply to
dennis

this is because of the French?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yeah, that'll keep out mobs of crazed zombie survivors pursued by T1000 killbots....

Reply to
Steve Walker

wiring at the bottom of :
just splattered over the walls....