Should I change my shwoer?

I have a Triton Bermuda electric shower. ("Inherited" from the people I bought the house from.
BTW, I'm no DIY man.
When I switch it on it pours water out of, and only out of, a plastic pipe sticking out of the bottom of the shower unit. Internal inspection doesn't show anything "obviously" wrong. Is it worth trying to get it fixed, or should I change my shower?
Thanks in anticipation :)
Strangiato wrote:

Then you're probably best off asking a pro. Triton have their own service engineers who we have found very good. Their website (from where you can get all the docs) is at http://www.tritonshowers.co.uk
From the FAQ "If water is leaking from a clear plastic tube at the bottom of the unit, then the Pressure Relief Device (PRD) has been activated. A replacement can be ordered from the Triton Spares department (024 76372222)."
Free SEDBUK boiler database browser
Tony Bryer wrote:

Which can just mean that the temperature has been screwed to the highest possible setting or that the showerhead is partially/completely blocked.
I'd check those out first.
Tim
--
Remove the obvious to reply by email.
Please support rheumatoid arthritis research!

is like, and considering you're not a diyer, get a new one.
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

What is the Triton spares hotline like? I need a spare and was going to go direct as the two companies I've emailed don;t seem to want my business. Do you know of any alternative trusted suppliers (I only need a new Can Assembly which is obviously a simple DIY job to replace)

recommend a total novice with no idea what they want calling them.
SJW A.C.S. Ltd.
On 29/01/2004 Strangiato a wrote :

If you mean the pipe which goes to the shower head, then either the fexible pipe has split, or the soft plastic washer between this and the outlet is missing/damaged.
Aldi are currently selling complete replacement heads + pipe includuding the plastic washers for about 2.99
--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (Lap)

You've probably blocked the shower head hose somehow or it's damaged on the outer metal skin and is pressing against the inner rubber tube, or the pressure relief diaphragm has just worn out with age. Make sure the shower head and its hose aren't kinked or choked by limescale, if you're in a hard water area.
Here's some instructions if you want to replace the faulty part. It's an easy and very, very cheap repair to carry out if you follow these instructions. Read them through first before you go do the job, just to give you an idea of what is needed.
Look inside the main shower unit itself, making sure to turn the power off at the mains, you'll see that the shower head hose connects to a removable pipe at the bottom of the big heater (copper) tank thing. The removable pipe is held in place by two screws (cross head) through lugs on either side of the pipe near the tank end.
Put the plug in the waste hole or cover the waste water outlet with a cloth before doing the next bit. Undo the screws and it will let you slide the pipe out of the tank by pulling gently downward and lifting out toward you as you go. Watch out that you don't lose the rubber washer on the very end of the pipe.
On the back of the pipe you'll see two little bracket shaped things. These actually hold the Pressure Relief Diaphragm in place on the bottom of the heater tank. The PRD looks like a piece of plastic with a hole in the middle. The hole will be covered with a very thin black rubber cap and it's this rubber cap that is the actual pressure relief diaphragm. You should see that it has a big hole through, well that shouldn't be there.
Now, if the shower head and its hose are all perfectly clean and clear, then you can make a simple repair of the PRD by putting a piece of very thin plastic sheet over it. The best and safest I've found is from the plastic bags you get in super markets on a roll that you pull a bag off and put your fruit in it type. Thin density and strength are almost identical to the actual PRD, so it is safe enough to use as a replacement diaphragm.
Tear a small piece of the bag off and place it over the little plastic piece with the hole in it, so the piece of bag doesn't need to be that big, making sure it covers the hole and hangs over the sides of the plastic holder. You can then push the plastic bit back in the hole on the bottom of the heater tank.
Now offer the pipe back to the bottom of the tank, making sure not to wrinkle the rubber washer on the end, and when you pop it in you put the screws back in the lugs and tighten them up, not to much, until they hold the outlet pipe back in place.
Turn the power on and try the shower. Yippee !!!! It works perfectly. Doesn't it ?
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

You blokes are brill for giving me these detailed answers. Thanks! Also thanks for putting up with my misspelling in the subject line!

http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com