Short IEC right angle cordset

cheers still expensive at £25 a metre

Reply to
whisky-dave

Obviously not buying from RS does not imply buying from ebay

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Never said or even implied it did.

Ebay sell rubbish as well as decent stuff.

The *likes* of RS don't sell rubbish.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That would make your point unnecessary. It had been made further upthread, and is no mystery.

No, RS is ordinary but thoroughly specced stuff, but at prices almost never worth paying. Any company buying from RS without a very sound reason deserves to go bust.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Makes your comment even more unnecessary, then. ;-)

RS can be extremely competitive depending on what you buy and how much of it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

She was only the document checker in 2012. Google tells us that she moved to UCL in 2014. Her acronym is now URAHOSARS, You can select whatever letters you like out of that if it amuses you.

Reply to
Dave W

We use RS when we need to, if RS have the item in stock and can get it to us next day then rather than wait day/weeks from another supplier even if the other supplier is cheaper.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Any decent electronics supplier offers fast delivery as a historical thing. Including CPC and Rapid. Even Maplin did once.

I tend to use CPC for the free delivery and smaller minimum charge. So don't mind if I have to wait a little longer. But even then, much of their stuff arrives the next day.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Indeed. Unless you need exceptional amounts of data on middling quality products, buying from RS does not suggest good business practice to me.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Dunno current practice, but at one time RS gave rebates to account customers based on how much they spent over say a year. So the catalogue price may not have been the true one for large accounts.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

WE get educational discount, so when you logon 'our' price is shown. as an example 537-3921 Was £0.163 List Price £0.068 You Pay £0.061 Price Each (In a Pack of 25)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Its a long time since I was involved in weaning who I worked for off RS, bu t the prices then were way too high for that much discount to make any real difference. By the time we were done there really was nothing worth buying from them. I always liked the data sheets though.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Well you say that but RS are still here and have been around for a long time and expand their range etc, they must be doing something right so why are they still here why haven't they fell by the wayside?....

Why?...

Reply to
tony sayer

but the prices then were way too high for that much discount to make any re al difference. By the time we were done there really was nothing worth buyi ng from them. I always liked the data sheets though.

our prices when logged in.

Arduino uno X1 X10 prices excluding VAT farnell/cpc/onecall £15.34 £14.88 RS £15.60 £13.50 rapid £15.95 £15.95 coolcomponents £18.49 £16.64 proto-pic £15.54 £15.54 Maplin ~£20 £24.99 each including VAT

if anyone knows of a cheaper uno supplier, we buy in 10s or 20s about every 3 months or so. Every so often we do find things cheaper at RS.

one thing they do right is that the product is almost always in stock and i f not the due date is pretty accurate.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I don't know. Maybe they've crafted their image well. Maybe as whisky-dave says they're competitive on occasion. Who knows.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I think you're probably right about a long time ago. But then they didn't have anything like the competition they have now.

And they do carry an impressive range. Some things you simply can't buy elsewhere.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)