Short IEC right angle cordset

any ideas.... I'm looking for something like this :-

1 metre or less in lenght, right angled, IEC one end main plug the other. Don;t need high current it's only for soldering irons so less than 150W.

Just can't seem to find anywhere that sells them. Most are 1.5m or longer. I need a minimium of 10 would like about 30. Yes I know I could make them up but it'd be relatively expensive and a bit time consuming as I'd need to get them electricaly tested too before use.

Reply to
whisky-dave

En el artículo , whisky-dave escribió:

Lindy do them:

they don't seem to do them in 0.5m, unfortunately, though you could contact them and ask.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I have a box of right angle leads here somewhere. Moulded on IEC plugs, but no mains plug. Cable is IIRC screened, so rather stiff to bend. And the wire colours don't conform to the current spec.

If they might suit, contact me via email (address below, observe spam trap) and I'll dig them out and see how many there are.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I've asked they were quick with the reply and said we'd need to buy 500 pcs for a special order.

Reply to
whisky-dave

That'd give the H&S people a heart attack and a brain hemorrhage at the sam e time, re:- non standard colours and puttig a plug on, cheers for the offe r though.

I could buy the separate bits and make them up but then they'd have to get their 'men' in to test them, who only come over the christmas new year peri od when they check everything out of hours. Last time I had about 3,000 ite ms checked over 2 days or rather nights. Thing is these leads will be needed for late september 2015, I wanted to ti dy the leads as they are for the new soldering irons.

didn't want to have to secure them with P clips but that might be the best/ only way.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Nice to see someone else likes Antex. My favourite by far.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On 12 Jun 2015, whisky-dave grunted:

Pound to a penny you'll find it on ebay. Everything's on ebay.

Not so sure about the electrical 'provenance', mind...

Reply to
Lobster

By "make them up do" you mean make the whole lead or just cut down the 1.8m lead and stick a new 13A plug on it?

Reply to
ARW

Sounds like dave works in educational establishment that insist on PAT stickers plastered everywhere. A brand new lead with moulded-on ends (therefore unseen and with potentially shoddy wiring) from china is trusted to be good until the next stickering exercise, yet something he could carefully make and test himself is treated like it's made of razor wire ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

In message , whisky-dave writes

Ebay? e.g.

There will no doubt be other sellers, and I'm sure they will do a deal if you contact them

Reply to
Chris French

We're not allowed to order through ebay.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Any alteration including changing a fuse apparently warrents a new electrical test.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Yes that is correct it's silly but it's all to do withy admin, and it's better to employ an admin person to box tick than someone to carry out the work ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

lots of ebay sellers of such things have their own websites etc. -ebay is just one way for them to sell.

Contact them to see if they can do a sale through normal channels?

Chris French

Reply to
Chris French

If not why not?..

Strikes me that some well set in their ways outfit your working for;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

Many very large firms (like Maplin for example) sell through Ebay too. You can usually find this easily - then go to their own site etc direct.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No idea really, but we have the agresso system for payments or the use of a credit card. Very occasional paypal is used. But the college likes quotes something ebay doesn't offer. I don;t think ebay accepts goverment orders or on account payments.

Reply to
whisky-dave

So you should have access to one of these:

Maintaining portable electrical equipment

Maintaining portable and transportable electrical equipment Date of publication:

2013 ISBN: 978 0 7176 6606 5 Series code: HSG107 (Third edition) Price: £15.00 Download a free copy

Buy this product Do you have control over or use portable electrical equipment in the workplace?

This guidance is for managers, electricians, technicians and users and gives sensible advice on maintaining portable electrical equipment to prevent danger. It covers equipment that is connected to the fixed mains supply or a locally generated supply.

It outlines a recommended maintenance plan based on a straightforward, inexpensive system of user checks, formal visual inspection and testing.

Then I suggest that you point some high level bean counter to these:

HTH

Reply to
Richard

Cheers, but I'm not interested the college makes the rules and that's that. If they want everything checked every year then that's what's down.

Reply to
whisky-dave