short

I have a dishwasher that is causing my fuse box to trip (the master trip switch). I know it is the dishwasher as the only way I can get the electricity back on is to unplug the dishwasher. This happens infrequently so is not too much of an onconvenience, so I don't want to pay for it to be repaired or get a new one. So what I want to know is, is there a device that I can place between the dishwasher plug and the outlet socket to cause just the dishwaser to turn off? I have tried an RCD but it still happens.

Thanks.

Reply to
JB

I'd prefer to find out why the dishwasher is causing the fault, water and leccy !!!!

Reply to
Staffbull

Fix the problem, not the symptom. Your RCD tripping is telling you that your dishwasher is dangerously faulty and MUST NOT be used.

Rather than cursing your RCD, thank it for saving your life several times.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle