Shopping trolleys

(This is meant for the Rep. of Ireland,but any suggestions from UK appreciated) I am elderly and not very mobile. I go to local supermarkets get the shopping trolley,and lean on it as I shop. Now, when I get home, I would like to have a shopping trolley there to bring stuff to fridge, etc.

Yes, I know, nick a trolley. I don't want to. Is it possible to buy a trolley?.

Reply to
greymausg

Wouldn't a supermarket trolley be quite large and cumbersome within a house? Some form of wheeled zimmer frame with a basket, perhaps?

Andy Burns

Around £110 + VAT last time I looked.

You may find a mail room post distribution trolley rather handier around the house.

This one is compact and similar in price to a supermarket trolley:

This one is slightly more expensive, but includes baskets:

This one can be folded up for storage:

All of these need assembly.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Much as others have said, I'd have thought you might well do better with a trolley which you could move around more easily in tight space and also use if needed i.d.c. to move plates of food etc around the house. Several (even older than me) relatives etc have things like:

If you feel something of the sort would help I'd suggest you ask if there is a local supplier as I suspect they can all too easily get bent by couriers.

Reply to
Robin

thanks for the suggestion. heading for where I want.

Reply to
greymausg

Again, thaks for the sugestion. Not quite there.

Reply to
greymausg

again, thanks for the suggestion. I can get these things from the local health service, but they shreik, "Old Person". A shopping trolley says "Someone who thinks up other uses for common gadgets"

Reply to
greymausg

More likely "Someone who nicks things from Supermarkets."

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

When I did my Achilles, the local social services would have loaned me one of these, but since I could not see where I was going it was considered too dangerous. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

People can be so... suspicious :)

May be the easiest way to get what I want, now to find an idiot to do the actual nicking :)

Reply to
greymausg

In message , greymausg writes

Go to your local river/canal and hook one out :-)

Reply to
News

They are a quid at Aldi...

Reply to
ARW

Best go to a 99p shop then.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

But where do you find a 99 pence coin for the trolley?

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

That is what I was thinking. The Post trolley is just a shopping trolley cr oss. That thing has a triangular frame that wraps around you. It looks a bi t flimsy though even so at the price it seems cheap until you realise that the actual material makes very little difference to the price. So a sturdy one shouldn't be a silly price should it?

If I were seriously considering such a thing I might enquire at a small bik e shop to see if they could knock together something suitable for a similar price. One that you could trust not to crumple if you tripped.

At least it will suit you and not be a compromised OSFA.

Brain: Now that you are fit, you might want to consider getting one and preparing for the inevitable day:

God luck.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

LOL. Funniest thing you have come up with in a while.

It is time the wiki had a stab at inventing one of these things though. Sho uld be simple enough to make a test piece with 2 by 2 and a pair of 9 inch wheels. I would not bother with a front wheel but just have a leg to park i t on/ stop it running away with me if I was feeling doddery.

The only tricky bit is the connections for the wheels. I bet you could make one very cheaply. I mean VERY cheaply.

How high would the handles need to be, greymausg?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer