Shelving battens

Hi Everyone,
I've a bit if a rush job on getting some shelving up in some alcoves and haven't really got time to be cutting up and sanding battens down etc. I've had a look round the sheds for some pre-cut ones (preferably with a curved or angled front end as that's what 'The Boss' wants) with no luck - I know it's probably a stupid question but does anyone know where I could get some? Is a timber yard a good idea?
Thanks
Architrave? Skirting board (the small type)? Sheds or timber merchant
I don't follow you. You appear to have the time to mess around in sheds looking for what you want and consulting news groups but not the time to mess around sanding and rounding the ends of battens.
Why not just get some PAR the right size, cut it to fit, and round one end with a belt sander that can be bought for 20. The wood will be cheaper too, if it's not had any machining done.
Job done and you have a free belt sander!
Rob Graham
robgraham wrote:

And then, like me, you end up with a mountain of tools. Not that this is by any means a bad thing, but they have to be stored somewhere and when you have limited space, this is not good ;)
Lee
--
To reply use lee.blaver and ntlworld.com

them on.