Shelf sticker prices in Selco

Trade place.

Are these prices fixed in stone (for their profit), or do you *have* to haggle at the sales desk?

Reply to
Adrian C

Never heard any haggling going on at the tills. The till staff are usually East European girls, I think you'd get a blank look and loud tutting from the builders queuing behind you as they consulted the manager. You'd probably get a discount for a big order or regular orders.

Reply to
Onetap

Always ring up first and ask the price. They know you are ringing round and you will get the best deal.

Reply to
harryagain

That certainly works with places like PlumbCenter. Dunno about Selco 'cos there aren't any branches anywhere near me. I notice that they're "Trade Only". How creative does a DIY'er have to be to get them to issue a trade card?

Reply to
Roger Mills

I've done that with Selco. Hired a van, turn up to collect and pay, and they deny all knowledge of the price agreed on the phone. We left the goods there, and went and bought them somewhere else.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

IME, PlumbCenter will go out of their way to give me excellent discounts without me even asking for them. Of course, that might be because I have a trade account.

Reply to
Nightjar

I don't have a trade account, but I've bought several heating items (radiators, pumps, etc.) from on-line suppliers at much less than PlumbCenter "Joe Public" prices - and the orders have actually been fulfilled from the local PlumbCenter branch!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Define "right".

As it has for decades.