Shelf liner stockist in London

Hi there Having spent yesterday afternoon sweating around London during the Pride march, I did not find a shop that sells patterned shelf liner - the self adhesive stuff. Does anyone know of a stockist - online or anywhere? TIA!!

Reply to
spacky_packy

You mean "Fablon", to name one well established brand?

Stick that word into Google and you should find all you'll need.

HTH

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Fantastic, that looks like the stuff I need!

Cheers

Reply to
spacky_packy

have seen various items done witrh that, isnt durable and makes a terrible mess. Unless youre going to throw the item out soon I wouldnt use it.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

What would you use instead?

Reply to
spacky_packy

Yes it shrinks and gaps open up leaving behind exposed self adhesive goop, it becomes brittle/hardened and corners peel up and break off, and the printed design wears off in short order and anyway seems to dissolve in domestic kitchen grease (Butter, oils, chip fat etc).

Apart from that it's not too bad. ;-)

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 21:16:55 +0100, Derek ^ wrote (in article ):

Valerie Singleton would be proud of you.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

In it's heyday it seemed to be superseded by melamine faced chipboard, before that the original "Formica" was *very* durable, the melamine surfaced worktops we have now are not a patch on it.

For a few small shelves don't discount granite, find a local supplier and if he can do what you want out of the offcuts from his big jobs it's beer money to him, and can be very cheap. DG

Reply to
Derek ^

The trick is to protect the edges. And the heavy duty stuff is at least as durable as paint for shelves, etc. Didn't know it still existed, though, outside Blue Peter.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I was working at TV centre on the day they buried the Blue Peter time capsule.

But I digress...

My neighbours mum and dad once "Fablonned" their whole kitchen. Including their gas oven, fridge, and twin tub washing machine. 8-[]

But one of the worst things about it was if you didn't know it wasn't cut resistant, and cut say a sandwich on it, the insignificant cut would open up as a wide smiling wound releasing adhesive goo, when the material shrank.

DG

Reply to
Derek ^

On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 21:40:15 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)" had this to say:

Nor did I, until I found it in B&Q when I was looking for clear sticky-back plastic for some project or other.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Nothing. I dont know whats wrong with your shelves to prompt you to put fablon on them, but either fix them or replace - or just live with them as they are, they'll look a lot better in 2 yrs time than if you fablon them. Not only does it create a terrible mess, but its one thats very difficult to clean up.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Perhaps gingham is back in fashion? Didn't see Euro Pride on TV to check. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yeah, fleeting fashion seems to be what prompts most poor purchases

NT

Reply to
meow2222

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 16:19:59 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote (in article ):