Shed roofing and repair of.

Hello knowledgeable shed types. The roofing has started to deteriorate on my 4X6 single apex sloping shed roof. It has to be 20 + years old. It looks to be covered with a kind of plastic with little 1/2 inch square reinforcement 'string' integral to its make up. I haven't seen any of this on a roll so. Do I just get the heavy tar and gravel type roofing felt? The stuff that normally goes on top of roofing laths and under tiles/slates. Any advice thankfully received. Cheers

Reply to
<useless

The "Rolls Royce" answer is three layers of roofing felt, all fastened down and together with hot poured bitumen.

Then again, it *is* a shed, so a single layer of cheap mineral covered felt, overlapped at the joints and nailed down is the normal answer. or whatever other waterproof stuff you can find laying round. You might want to make sure that the wood in the roof isn't rotten.

Crosspost added to uk.d-i-y.

Reply to
John Williamson

Or if you can find which local roofer uses EPDM and scrounge a big enough offcut. There /shouldn't/ be offcuts, 'cos the sheets are supposed to be molished to size, but you never know your luck.

Reply to
Skipweasel

I've just bought a load of clear(ish) fibreglass sheets to do the SpacePort with. Lets lots of light in.

Reply to
Skipweasel