Shed roof felt blown off, timber roof wet, should I...

wait until the rain stops (several days acording to forcast) and timber has dried or go ahead and replace the felt in the gaps between the showers. Basically I'm concerned that if I nail into the wet, and therefore swollen, wood, once the sun comes out and dries it the nails will be loose. Inside getting pretty sodden, but the floor is varnished so that's of less concern.

If I do wait, is it worth treating the exposed wood while I'm at it - shed was a kit and treatment minimal.

TIA

Marshal

Reply to
Marshal Anderson

No, just go ahead and fix it whenever you can.

Wood does not absorb water that quickly, or to any great depth.

It takes a year or three for wood to dry out from green, for example..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks for that NP - I'm off to find my waterproof hammer and get going :o)

Marshal

Reply to
Marshal Anderson

Throw a big tarp over it, then sit indoors with a nice cuppa until it (the shed and the weather)'s dry.

Probably.

Owain

Reply to
Owain