Shed preserver help needed

I bought this

put on my shed. Unfortunately it will not "stick". The shed has previously been painted (some 5 years ago) with a green preserver of unknown make that is repelling this new preserver. Any ideas of a shed treatment that will go over this green stuff.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I have just used B & Q's own brand Timbercare fence and shed treatment and can't imagine it not drying on anything. It has dried fine on wood previously treated with a waxy water-repellent preservative.

Reply to
Kate's bush

Is the new one water based? It doesn't say on the web site as far as I could see but most in sheds now seem to be. The problem is using a water based preservative on top of a previously applied water repellant one.

You could try a solvent one like Cuprinol Wood Preserver after rubbing down the wood.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Indeed. One of the best and cheapest wood preservers is 50/50 engine oil and paraffin (or diesel, white spirit etc).

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Just checked the tin. Is says solvent based.

I have decided to try some other product on the shed and the stuff I have already bought will go on my fence panels

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth