Shed floor - 11 or 18mm OSB3

I'm overlining my shed floor with 50mm celotex and some sheet material.

OSB3 seems cost effective and I know it will not mind a bit of damp or spilled water.

So, on top of well supported celotex - 11mm or 18mm?

The shed will have heavy stuff stored, but spread out - no massive high point loads like machinery...

Reply to
Tim Watts

ISTR 11mm not being any cheaper in OSB3. 11 should be fine though if you've already got support in place.

I dont know anything about this shed, but with most sheds insulating the floor makes temp swings worse.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Instinctively 18mm. 11 may well be fine, but 18mm will be that much more sturdy and reassuring.

Reply to
Clive George

Looking at Wickes prices 18mm is about £4 a sheet more than 11mm.

Is it worth mucking about to save very little?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

shuttering ply.

Reply to
dennis

18mm would be fine with no floor under it, just bearers. This shed has a fu lly supported floor already. I don't think there'd be any mucking about inv olved. Spend the few quid on something where it makes a difference.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Thanks for all the opinions :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Look online to get them cheaper - I cant remember who it was, but they were much less than the usual BMs, with 11&18mm coming in at more or less the s ame price.

NT

Reply to
meow2222