Shed Electrics (Oh no, this again...!)

Dear all,

I have lurked for a long time (great group!), and have read nearly every thread about wiring a shed before I post...

I have the issue as noted before, that I cannot get a seperate cable from my CU to a new shed (the CU is full and at the front of the house, major work to add a line). I would like to add a 13A fused RCD protected spur to my ring main on the first floor of my house and run the cable (held by a steel wire) with drip loops (I have been learning from the group!) - it will run a couple of sockets and a light.

I would like to confirm that this is sensible? I will put a seperate switch at the shed end. And also what cable should I use? Perhaps Artic flex (aggh!) or Twin and Earth?

(I know it would be better to run a new fuseway from the CU) - but any advice would be appreciated.

Reply to
Wilf

I'll leave others to comment on how sensible it is (I'd do it), but as far as cable goes, I have to say I'm a big fan of arctic flex. I've been abusing several hundred meters of it over the past 2.5 years, with no signs of deterioration at all.

Reply to
Grunff

You'll still need to decide something about earthing.

I'd probably use Hi-Tuf, after ensuring that the manufacturer allows hanging from a catenery wire. Don't use normal T&E as it isn't UV stable.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle