shed electrics

I recently ran a post on shed electrics which mainly was due to running a submain off the original consumer unit. Having had a look at the unit i only have 3 spaces in my unit - 1) lights 2) sockets 3) cooker. I have a separate electrical supply just above the cooker, which at the moment only serves the boiler, washing machine and kettle.

As there is no spare slot in the consumer unit, could i wire up a feed from the "cooker" slot to a garage unit in the shed? or is there some other way of doing it?

Reply to
Shabs

If you've got a gas cooker, yes. If your cooker is electric, you should be looking to replace your consumer unit with something more modern. As a rule, small units often bring to mind ancient fuse boards. If you have one of these, then you'll definitely want to replace it with something with the ability for future expansion and with modern protective devices such as MCBs and RCDs/RCBOs.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle