Shed door frame - filling

Hi all. What best to add more anchoring for a door frame and to fill in the gaps behind it. Pink Grip or mortar?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
51

Two differet problems. Frame anchors with packing as needed to secure the frame. Flexible mastic to seal the gap against the weather. If you must stick to your original options, pink Grip will be the least-worst way of doing it.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Either - but depends how big the gap is. Or expanding foam is really good for this application too.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Mortar is a waste of time as far as anchoring is concerned, and I can't comment on 'pink grip' because I've never heard that phrase before in 25 years of building.

Expanding foam all the gaps you can get to, leave for a few hours, then drill right through, insert brown plugs and rag a few 100mm screws through

Reply to
Phil L

Isn't that steradent?

Nice tip. I'll file that.