Sharps Bedroom - dismantle

Hi,
We have a Sharps fitted bedroom in our main bedroom and need to dismantle it as it is being replaced... Any ideas on the best way to do this as we are looking to sell the furniture second hand...
Cheers, john
On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 22:51:27 -0000, "John"

I think that that would be very hopeful. I doubt whether there would be much value, so realistically I suspect that a circular saw would be the easiest form of removal........ .andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

like the style of it. They wanted 200 to dismantle it - which I object to. I loath to follow the circular saw approach - although it may come to that!!!

Can't you just change the dors and leave the framework in place? No doubt a high street shop will tell you this can't be done, but an independent fitter is likely to be more helpful.
tim

Tim,
Not really as there are to many filler panels showing... We also wanted to change the layout of the room a little - so a gut and refit is the only option
John wrote:

Leave it in situ until sold, as a pile of bits won't look very appealing. They have used thin plastic cover trim pieces on my parents wardrobes; I assume there are screw fixings underneath (or probably a tube of gripfill). As .andy indicated I think it's value won't be much, these things are usually passed on to relatives or friends.
--
Toby.

condition

freind then when you take it apart it will be useless. the chipbord is not up to being moved at all. never...ever buy anything less than solid wood. i have a solid wood handwaxed pine wardrobe...its massive...but designed to come apart and be move easly. i have done just that twice with no probs.
rpm
John wrote:

I've seen one of these after it was removed. Some bits had to be broken to get them out. I couldn't envisage how it could be put together again even with the instructions.