Sharp Microwave spare

Been searching Google for Sharp microwave spares (Model R-254M) to no avail. All I can find are what I would term consumables. What I need is the display panel, the current one works very intermittently, and at other times just displays the odd bit. Anyone any ideas please?

TIA

Reply to
Broadback

Broadback wrote in

I've had excellent service from

checked their site and they don't seem to have the display panel:
they may be worth a call.

Reply to
PeterMcC

Thanks for that Peter, but unfortunately they will not supply parts that need cover removal to peasants like me! I suspect that may be true of all suppliers, so I will have to pay through the nose for a 15 minute job.

Reply to
Broadback

don't care how you kill yourself.

Do make sure you understand exactly why a microwave is hazerdous.

They have more parts available if you ring them than online.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

CPC as someone has suggested, but microwave repairs are rarely worthwhile.

Reply to
Peter Parry

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 23:37:26 GMT, raden strung together this:

That's what I would've thought. CPC do state in their catalogue though, and I quote, "SHARP - CPC - can offer customers ALL Sharp original spares; most are available from stock" Might be worth a call. (I thought my 'L' key was broken then but then I realised I was pressing the 'A' key so that's why a was coming up and not l).

Reply to
Lurch

In message , Broadback writes

My gut feeling is you are banging your head against a brick wall.

You would probably pay almost as much for a new display (If you COULD get one) as you would for a new microwave

Reply to
raden

I would be interested to know if they do a display panel - I rather suspect not (but I'm too lazy to look (even if I am now the proud possessor of the 2005 catalogue))

Reply to
raden

Also working on microwave appliances needs great care these device can actually kill you (cf only the theoretical possibility with all other kit). They have both enough volts to leap out and push amps through you. The microwaves are inside a metal box they surprisingly are not the issue, if the box becomes open (e.g. the door) the fuse blows.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

How did you get the catalogue? Did you have to call them or do you need an account?

TIA

John

Reply to
John

You need an account.

Reply to
Peter Parry

You ned an account, but you can easily open a cash account with them.

You will also need to do some serious training in order to be able to lift the catalogue.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Also, it doesn't fit through the letter box, so you might come back from 2 weeks holiday to find it's been propped up against the front door for a large part of that period.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The last one didn't, either! And our letter box is exceptionally large, due to all the stuff I normally get.

2 weeks holiday???? Not right now....more likely to come back late from a knackering day at work. One of the worst weeks of the year for me...

(hint...A level results/Clearing)

Reply to
Bob Eager

I think you need an account For some reason they don't seem to like giving them away

I asked for a second catalogue a couple of years ago and went away and checked how much I'd spent with them

Last year when I asked, they said I'd have to wait and see if they had any left over

Contrast that with RS or Farnell - whose catalogues are much more expensive and will send you as many as you want (CPC have now been bought out by Farnell)

Reply to
raden

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

The 2005 catalogue is actually about 10% thinner than the 2004 one

Reply to
raden

In message , Lurch writes

Huh - my kbd suffered an attack of Chimay the night before last Last night was spent pulling it apart and washing all the works. If I'd posted last night an "L" would look like LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Reply to
raden