Shamelessly lifted from UKRM - for TMH

>>> If you want to shift limescale, use Harpic power plus bog cleaner. >>> >>> Or limescale remover, perhaps? >> >> Indeed, as long as it's one that works. Viakal rocks. > > Surprisingly, so does WD40: squirt it on, give it 30 minutes to do its > thing, remove the scale in large pieces - it seems to get behind it and > loosen its hold on the substrate, rather than dissolving it. Works, > anyway. >

Well I never.

Reply to
geoff

Its a surfactant.

Thats what it should do.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I never knew stoddard solvent was a surfactant

NT

Reply to
Tabby

Wahoo!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Never underestimate WD40.

I once had a large fairy ring in the front garden, about 12' across. I sprayed the heads with WD40, and then again after about a week.

In the autumn they made a reappearance, and got the same treatment. The following spring the survivors got another dose, and that was it. They disappeared never to return.

It was a *lot* easier than digging up the soil, getting rid of it, and refilling the hole and replanting.

TF

Reply to
Terry Fields

In message , Terry Fields writes

Wonderful stuff, WD40. It is certainly effective in killing funguses and moss. And despite what some say (especially the Americans), it does serve an effective lubricant (although, maybe, not necessarily the lubricant of choice).

Reply to
Ian Jackson

That happens anyway as the feedstock on which the mycelieum depends simply runs out

I've watched fairy rings come expand and then vanish in my garden over the years.

Good grief. What's so bad about a fairy ring?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher