SF Clearance

Screwfix are having a clear out, lots of stuff under a squid. Wall plugs, cable ties, plumbing bits, hardware, electrical bits etc. Yesterday they had Cerafix silicone @ 99p a tube but that seems to have gone now.

Well worth 10 mins of browsing for bargains. I needed some Turbogolds @£27 and made up the order with useful bits.

The Medway Handyman

cushions.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Have you seen the COSHH sheet for the Magic Tree Air Freshner in that link?

"After inhalation Supply fresh air and to be sure call for a doctor"

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Interesting reading indeed! :o)

However, what makes a person routinely think, "Hmm, I'll have a look at the COSHH sheet for that"? :o)

Reply to
John

Having smelt their air freshener and passed out before?

Reply to
John Rumm

Adam is very safety conscious :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Well it was the picture of a lorry with a yellow warning triangle that made me look. The COSHH sheet was a link next to the lorry icon.

My thinking is that the Screwfix delivery driver can buy a Magic Air Freshner from a garage and hang it in the cab but he cannot deliver a Magic Air Freshner to a customer!

Having smelt a Magic Air Freshner in a taxi last night (new phone so I did not have to walk home again) I can say that the COSHH sheet is good advice.

The full product is here

ARWadsworth

Homobase did it years ago. Went in recently (only because I was working 100 yds away) for some mortar plasticiser - they don't sell it. As I said to the spotty yoof "my mistake, I though it was a DIY store".

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Those places have a new definition for DIY

Decorate It Yourself

This is generally the limit for the practically challenged populus of today.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

For which I am truly thankful :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Makes you wonder how many more generations before DIY is almost unheard off though?

Reply to
John Rumm

It's better in the rural areas I find. Down at the allotments on Saturday we were building some raised beds for the kids at the school (there's a teacher very keen on getting the kids into growing stuff) - and most people seemed to be able to wield tools.

Now all we need is a water pump to lift from the stream over the berm (that's another thread).

Shovelling about 3 tons of soil between us got me in the mood to move the 4 "ton" bags of sand and aggregate that's been sitting on the front lawn - managed to barrow it round the back in 2 half days - I surprised myself! :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

I live in hope :-)

Reply to