Severn Trent Bill

Just got the above which states that I am £51 in credit, therefore my direct debit is being increased from £ 17 to £22. Can they do "sums"?

Reply to
Lawrence

They're obviously anticipating that you're going to be doing lots of garden watering soon (or else know about a big price hike in the pipeline). ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

None of 'em can, my EON dual fuel bill told me I was 600 in credit but wanted my direct debit increased from 122 a month to 183. I changed suppliers.

Reply to
Mike Stanford

Why not phone them up and discuss it? This is much more likely to get a result than anything else.

Reply to
Peter Crosland

I'll save the OP the problem of trying that.

"Your call is very important to us, please hold the line until we are able to take your call"

Reply to
ARW

I phoned EON and they changed it to the amount I suggested.

Reply to
Bob Eager

credit

Just done that but unfortunately it's about 935 quid of debit with the old suppliers. B-( Monthly leccy now £187, against £295 (which

wasn't keeping up).

I normally keep track of these things closely, record useage, do the maths (well a spread sheet does) to check what the DD should be based on previous demand. Screwed up this time as I wasn't expecting the usage pattern change to last quite as long as it has... B-(

But like you if they do try and hike the DD more than say a fiver above what I expect they always come down when asked to.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Only underwater i'd guess. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I never pay water or utility bills by direct debit, they are completely useless at maths and since they keep your money before they need it they really have no excuses at all for incompetence they are getting money to use before its needed after all. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Bloomin eck, whay you got a large scale bunsen burner in your garden?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Currently I use OVO who pay 3% interest[1] on credit balances.

[1] Listed as a discount so you're not liable for tax.
Reply to
Mark

Electric bunsen burner? B-) No mains gas here.

Just an old, draughty, high and exposed place with night storage heaters in part of it. 70+ kWHr/day when it's windy and cold, far more acceptable 35kWhr yesterday.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice