Servis Automatic 1000 frightening children

My children came running to me in a state of panic today as our Servis Automatic 1000 decided to rumble across the kitchen. Basically when the drum is rotating (ie agitating the clothes) it is doing so at spin speed. And when it comes to spinning it is doing so at some phenomenal rate. So whatever speed it is rotating at it is doing so too fast.

I have stripped the thing apart and have found that a ring with a couple of 2'ish diameter yellow wires coming from it had fallen off the back of the motor so I popped that back on but still the same problem. I can't (to my untrained eye) see any other problem with it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

We have a huge washing pile here at home (two teenage boys and a baby still in nappies) so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Matt James.

Reply to
Matthew James

I suggest you remove baby from the nappy as first and vital step :-) As to the teenage boys still in nappies now that really is a nasty problem :-(( Richard.

Reply to
Richard

You always hope they will grow out of it one day!

Reply to
Matthew James

The ring sounds like the tacho, it provides speed information back to the motor controller. No signal results in full speed ahead. Thats the thing you need to fix or replace.

Now I know you dont mean 2 feet diamater wires, but cant figure out what you did mean.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Two wire feet.

(Just typical of the lazyitis postings on here.)

The feet have fallen off obviously. Though why anyone would want to buy a cheapo, junk, piece of sjid like a washing machine with wire feet is beyond me.

(Good way of cleaning the kids though.)

Reply to
Michael McNeil

Thanks NT. When I refitted the ring the first time I didn't realise that a little magnetic ring fixed round a threaded bit of plastic had to be screwed into the end of the motor shaft. I found this bit of plastic on the floor and luckily I kept it not knowing what it was and thinking it probably important. That now fitted it all works perfectly.

As for the 2'ish diameter: - what I meant to say was 2'ish millimetre diameter. Blame it on the late nights and the over consumption.

Cheers

Matt.

Reply to
Matthew James