Servicing a Mira 8 shower?

Hi, I have a Mira 8 shower. The flow control knob sticks at several points as it rotates to open and close. It has to be jiggled to get past thes points. Please can anyone tell me what might be the most likely cause and cure?

Lila Duncan

Reply to
LilaDuncan

This company is good for spares. The diagram might help.

John

Reply to
John

If you are in a hard water area, it may be nothing more complicated than scale build-up on the inner workings. My late mother had one of those and it needed a strip down and clean about once a year.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Try contacting:

John

Dismantle, descale, reassemble with a new seal kit. Mine needs doing every couple of years.

Reply to
Aidan

Thanks all for the helpful advice and links. I think I'll be able to tackle the job now.

Lila

Reply to
LilaDuncan