Service suppliers

Anyone considering changing their utility supplier aught to consider any get out clauses they already have or might be consigning their soul to.

Homecall gave me a fright just now when I opened a letter confirming my leaving. I'm pretty happy enough with their telephone service but as I am not a big phone user, I can get an unbundled BroadBand combination of telphone and landline rental from Talktalk at much better rates.

As it happens the letter was a misdirection, since I don't have an internet service with Homecall. There is no "don't leave early" clause with their telephone service. But it woke me up.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Thus spaketh Weatherlawyer:

Be wary of getting line rental from TalkTalk or anyone else other than BT.

BT line rental with 1571 and Caller Display £11/month, same with TalkTalk £12.49.

BT are required to allow you to use cheap call providers such as 1899 and

18185.

I would reccomend:-

BT for line rental with free caller display.

Primus 2, for free evening and weekend calls (up to 90 mins) for no monthly fee.

1899 for daytime calls at 3p per call

18185 for calls to mobiles.

Primus 2:

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

I'd just stick to 1899 if I was you.

Free national and local calls 24/7, apart from a 3p connection charge.

Reply to
RedOnRed

Thus spaketh RedOnRed:

Why not get free evening and weekend calls for no charge, and you don't have to switch line rental away from BT.

Reply to
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

But use 18185 for calls to mobiles...and for 0870 calls if you make any. That's the current dial setup in my PBX.

Reply to
Bob Eager