Septic tank soakaway - who 'constructs' them?

yes.

The Natural Philosopher

I'd let sleeping dogs lie. Might make a few descrete enquiries about being in a Ground Water Protection Zone 1, I suspect they would get seriously upset about ordinary septic tank discharges in such an area.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Who would I approach to make discrete enquiries about being in a Ground Water Protection Zone 1 (pretty sure I'm not, but no harm in checking).

Or are there maps online which would show this kind of thing?

Thanks

Reply to
jamma-plusser

Reply to
jamma-plusser

Scrub that, just found the info on the EA web site and there are NO Ground Water Protection Zones of ANY description in my area.

Reply to
jamma-plusser

To be honest, compared with what I had, which smelt and needed regular emptyi8ng, so far once the capital outlay is taken on, the damned biodisc has been brilliant. NO SMELL!

Even straight into a puddle at the bottom of an old ditch.

Everyone round here puts them in when they get problems with their original tanks. They just work mainly.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sounds good. Now if I could just win a few hundred grand on the lottery ............. I'd move house! :-)

Reply to
jamma-plusser

A fully installed treatment, not necessarily BioDisc as there are others, system including the soakaways should cost less than 10K. Sorting out the old one if you need a new soakaway and associated works digging may well cost 6K.

Peter Crosland

Reply to
Peter Crosland

If you want to trace whoever did the original work , I would have thought a morning on the telephone to the local groundwork contractors listed in the local paper or yellow pages would prove successful. Also ask around the adjacent landowners or farmers - they may well remember who did the work or offer advice on choice of contractors.

Reply to
robert