Sentinel X400 follow up

Today I revived our ancient central heating system by giving it a dose of S= entinel X400. Do I now need to do any more? The instructions tell me to d= rain the system, refill and then add inhibitor. Does anyone know if this i= s really necessary and what would happen if I just left it? Thanks to anyone who knows and who takes the time to reply.

Reply to
kent

While it won't do any harm if left in there for longer periods, you will also defeat the object of the exercise. Its purpose if to get accumulated corrosion debris shifted from the system components and into suspension in the water so that they can be drained out of the system.

Reply to
John Rumm

Flush it out and replace it with X100 - that's the stuff that is intended to be left in as a preventive measure once you've got it clean

David

Reply to
Lobster

Thanks guys. I'll give it a couple of days and then drain, refill and add inhibitor. I just thought I might get away with a cheaper option! Cheers for bothering to reply!

Reply to
kent