Semi OT Latestbunch of idiots.

I think they still have night in foreignland.

Reply to
Rob Morley

I wonder every time I drive past that big one at Reading Green Park. It rather looks as if it is entirely surrounded, and quite closely, by offices.

Reply to
polygonum

I hear this July has not been the sunniest for the last 100 years - only the 2nd sunniest, proof positive that climate change isn't happening.

Reply to
bert

Yes. And then what shit fer brains?

Reply to
harryagain

They are to install 41Gwp as a first step.. Your dementia troubling you again?

Reply to
harryagain

Because there is the added expense of where to put them. Private individuals can put them on their roof which takes up no space. In desert countries they go in the desert. Private PV on your roof schemes have been on the go in Australia for years.

But British gas will put them on your roof if you like.

They were running rent-a-roof schems in the past, dunno if they are still.

Reply to
harryagain

There is a strong correlation between intensity of insolation and energy usage for A/C in countries like Saudi. Solar might make a bit more sense because of that.

Reply to
polygonum

The most obvious thing would to be dump it in a deep ocean subduction zone and renew the earths cores heating. However people like you would object in case it came up through a volcano the other side of the planet in a million years or so.

Reply to
dennis

says who? The consultant who wrote the wiki article? The same one who wrote the puff piece in wiki - which I think has now gone - on the 'hydrogen economy' that never happened either?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
[snip]

And then you will clearly fail to understand what you have read and continue to repeat your lies.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The detail in the Caithness report leads me to think that these turbines should not be permitted with a mile of a road or house. I objected to the offshore arrays because they are a hazard to navigation but was ignored as were all protestors. I recall a recent BBC news report that indicated that the offshore structures have a worrying, largely unreported, death rate. Working at height, transferring from small boats - activities that are inherently risky.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Ha. "Yes. And then what shit fer brains?" was definitely an incisive, well thought-out, killer argument that completely demolishes, world-wide and for ever, any notion that vitrification is the answer to the waste problem.

TNP, Steve, Nightjar, and various others including me should go and live in a field and eat worms.

Reply to
Tim Streater

There's nothing wrong with eating worms, they give you lovely shiny plumage. That's what my local blackbird finds, anyway. He even gets his exercise pulling them out of the lawn.

Reply to
John Williamson

I could probably do a lot better than worms. I learnt a great deal about self-sufficiency in my hippie days.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

You get ever more barmy. What do you think an ocean subduction zone is like ? Some sort of letterbox you just shove parcels in?

Reply to
harryagain

What I have read is that there is no solution. From people with some knowledge that is.

Reply to
harryagain

You may as well. I have shown you links clearly outlining the (insolutble so far) problems of nuclear waste disposal but you still have this juvenile idea that you just dig a hole and bury it. Instead you believe what you wish was true. Well the real world isn't like that. So shit fer brains about sums you up.

Reply to
harryagain

Well canabis has a permanent effect on the mental faculties so you at least have some excuse.

Reply to
harryagain

Well you definately are shit for brains. It took me twenty seconds to verify this from elsewhere.

There are fifty more items on similar vein.

You haven't even the wit to check your facts before opening your big mouth. In fact, thinking, you aren't even up to the shit fer brains standard.

Reply to
harryagain

Oddly enough Harry, some of us never did drugs. We did, however, get heavily involved in what these days would be called green living - energy efficient houses, wind and solar power, rain water harvesting and living off our own land. I know all of the drawbacks.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar