Semi OT : Exhaust bracket/hanger replacement

I specced my car and had to wait a long time (4 months) as it was only just starting production. It did mean I got a very good deal.

Along the way, they changed the base spec and added heated seats. I too have back problems, and it is absolute bliss some mornings to be able to have that heat.

I also ended up with other extras that were bundled with ones I definitely wanted. I needed a rear camera because I have a neck problem and no left eye; it came with a front camera too, with lane departure warning and automatic speed limiting on recognising speed limit signs. I also requested some other 'extra' and ended up with the semi automatic 'self parking'.

And although I didn't specifically want them, they are good to have.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I see

and?

They're mounted on rubber mouldings a bit like doughnuts. Prewar vehicles that have engines bolted to the chassis are much noisier as a result, the car body acts as a sounding board.

Usually yes. I had one that had a ball joint in the exhaust near the engine.

I think you'll find we had rigidly mounted exhausts and rubbber mounted engines for decades. The exhaust system flexes. Modern rubber hung exhausts also flex, they don't follow every movement of the engine rigidly.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I've driven luxury cars heavily loaded and historic things without even a w indow winder handle. I'm perfectly happy with the latter, happier in fact. There's so much guff stuffed into modern cars that really achieves nothing that I can see but to pointlessly prise more money out of some. It doesn't interest me in the slightest.

One optional extra I would like is a floor. Having observed from a safe dis tance cars without, I'd like one.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

(Someone at work has one. Security device is to bring the steering wheel in to the office...)

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

I used to have one. They're not exactly ... practical.

(Oh, and I used to chain the steering wheel to the roll cage. Then you don't have to carry it round with you.)

Reply to
Huge

Quick update.

THANKYOU for the advice, exhaust is now fixed

Had to grind off the remnants of the existing bracket first mind, but it's done now and no more annoying rattles at start up!

Thanks again!

:-)

Reply to
Simon T