Sellotape in door lock

I WD40'd it, i'm getting reasonable results with that but the key requires some persuasion.

If it persists i'll give the brake cleaner a try, thanks.

Reply to
R D S

Ideally, with the lock vertical and out of the door (one screw). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Door in direct sunlight ? May not be the lock innards at all .

Our back door, or rather lock on same, seems to just jam sometimes. This means the lock keep plate has to be adjusted (there are marked screws on the door jamb keep plate precisely for this purpose) if the keep plates are adjusted too far the door rattles .

As there are sets of latches top and bottom as well as the door lock there are three of these keep plates.

I feel the sun is heating the frame causing it to expand in some way this prevents the bolt from sliding easily so the keep plate must be adjusted.

Getting the lock to open when in this state requires repeated attempts to unlock the door and a bit more force than I am comfortable with so also requires an attack of 'the braves'.

Reply to
soup