Selling House Bricks?

Hi,

I have a 5ft x 20ft garden wall built using bricks about 15 years old.

After I have dismantled the wall is it worth trying to sell the brick if so about how much I am likely to get for them?

or should I just take them to the local tip?

Thanks

-- jawa

Reply to
jawa

Hi Jawa

If the bricks are decorative and difficult to get hold of you may b able to clean tham up and sell them.

If the bricks are common bricks you may still get a few quid or ge them removed for free by selling them as hardcore, some firms collec the bricks and crush them, then sell it as hardcore.

Good luc

-- weekendwarrior

Reply to
weekendwarrior

Heh! I thought they where house bricks? ;-)

To the tip.

Reply to
ben

Or sell em on eBay?

the best .. ;-)

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Alternatively, you might want to post them onto your local Freecycle group. Freecycle, in case you're not aware of it, is a great idea. You post what you want to dispose of, and people respond if they want it. No fees, either way. You'd be amazed at what turns up there - sometimes you do get junk, but most often it's stuff that people simply don't use, need or want any more. I recently picked up an iMac from my local one, which is fantastic!

Here's the link:

down to the bottom for the UK, then choose your most local club. HTH.

Reply to
Dave Jennings

Depends on what they are, and how clean you can get them. Bricks from walls made with lime mortar are easy to clean with a big bolster and a bit of time... if it's cement adhering well, maybe not worth the effort! 10-15p each maybe.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

You could try offering the wall for free collection - buyer dismantles :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley