Self overhauling printer

Cartridge World have warned me to come and have a talk with them before I chose the printer. I hope it is to save me money on the replacement carts.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Uh? £50 laser with 1000 page toner; 3000 page toner, £50. When the first one runs out, buying a new cartridge is surely better than buying another printer.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

It must be more true of HP, as a _print head_ is included with every one of their inkjet cartridges (as far as I know).

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

Agreed. Most of the products that I have been impressed by are HP. My scanner is an old hp (shifts a lot of paperwork) HP Scanjet (shifts paper work again)5470c. It works perfectly with my computer. The only problem I have is that it tends to introduce a colour cast on a colour scan. As I am slightly colour blind, that leaves me at quite a disadvantage. Photography being one of my hobbies :-(

Except Lexmark. They sell printers at so low a cost and sell cartridges at so high a cost, they should have a government wealth warning on them.

Reply to
Dave