Self-monitoring transformer???

I'm about to order some transformers for LV downlighters. I note that S'fix do a 'self-monitoring' model (52120) for about twice the price of a standard one (48058). This function apparently allows me, the user, "to determine the operating state". What on earth does that mean??!! Worth having?

Thanks David

ref 52120:

?id=52120&ts=33800ref 48058:
?_dyncharset=UTF-8&q=48058&n=&pn=1&pd=1&pi=1&cn=1&cd=1&x=0&y=0

Reply to
Lobster

Haven't a clue, but it's in a transparent case, so it probably just means that it's got an Led on it :)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

?id=52120&ts=33800>> ref 48058:

?_dyncharset=UTF-8&q=48058&n=&pn=1&pd=1&pi=1&cn=1&cd=1&x=0&y=0The Grant and Stone people are the ones who do Aurora lighting products in the UK, so you might be able to see what this Self Monitoring thing does on their site.

BigWallop

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:48:00 GMT, Lobster strung together this:

I've seen these in CEF, the LED flashes to alert the different fault states. AFAIK that's about it, I don't think it 'does' anything extra.

The only advantage I can see is that if you take the fitting out and remove the transformer daily then you can see if it is working or not. IOW, pointless. You can get some decent Osram LV transformers for the same price.

Reply to
Lurch