Self drilling screws

I don't know where I got them from, but I appear to have a few wood screws with a small drill bit on the end. Except the drill makes a hole the same width as the screw. How stupid! I always use a pilot drill thinner than the screw, or the screw doesn't have anything to grip!

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Have you actually tried one in a bit of timber? Maybe you will find that, in spite of what you think, they actually work OK!

Reply to
Murmansk

they are not wood screws

steve

Reply to
steve.n

How dare you accuse the OP of thinking:-)?

He knows exactly what he has.

Reply to
ARW

prick

Reply to
Mick

s with a small drill bit on the end. Except the drill makes a hole the sam e width as the screw. How stupid! I always use a pilot drill thinner than the screw, or the screw doesn't have anything to grip!

They are f****it screws

Reply to
jkn

Mick scribbled