Sekonda wider removal help?

Yes it is a wrist watch...

It is an el cheapo Sekonda battery analogue, stainless steel with a half moon digital display at the bottom of the face. One I found that had been dropped several yards, new looking and apparently none the worse for its fall apart from the minute hand has come adrift and needs to be refitted. Which involves getting its mechanism out of the case.

I have got the case back off, but I cannot work out how to remove the 'winder' to get the works out. There are no screws, and no obvious catches that I could see - does anyone know how to release the winder shaft please?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Harry Bloomfield saying something like:

I distinctly recall one wristwatch I had where you pulled the winder out and unscrewed it anticlockwise to remove. Hollow shaft, internally threaded.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Grimly Curmudgeon laid this down on his screen :

Not this one, I tried holding the shaft with pliers and turning the winder - thanks anyway.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Could be there's a tiny hole on the plate near the winder, in there is a button that needs pressing down with a pin or something. Holding this button down should release the winder.

But what do I know, coming so late to the thread!

Reply to
Jeweller