Seeking "Split Ring" Compression Fitting Spanner

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember PeterC saying something like:

Bugger. The exception that etc. I admit that Bedford vanadium spanners were tough old things, but I'd like to see that used day-in, day-out on taps and see how long it takes before the jaws spread.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

The modern version is the Armeg Jaw Dropper

'kin wonderful.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes - I've used about a dozen times in about 18 years, so not exactly 'trade'. Mind, it's been swung on a bit once or twice. I now have to resist the temptation to test it!

Reply to
PeterC

They look beautiful! If only I could justify buying some...

Reply to
PeterC

The message from Tim W contains these words:

I've had one for some time. I agree it's good when it fits. Very nicely finished and pleasant to handle.

Reply to
Appin

Try an automotive tool shop ... that looks just like the spanner used for loosening the flange nuts on hydraulic brake lines. It's got 6 flat faces instead of the usual serrated appearance so it doesn't round the nut.

Reply to
Jethro