Seeking source of spatula like from Chemistry lessons

Hi all I'm looking to get hold of a small 'reagent spatula', like the thing we used to use in school Chemistry in the seventies to get ... Copper Sulphate etc. into test tubes.

Probably made of Stainless Steel, a bit like this:

not at £8 each (£24 for three)!

It doesn't have to be 'medical grade'. Any suggestions?

Thanks J^n

Reply to
The Night Tripper

"Nuffield pattern spatula" turns up the sort of cheapo ones we used, most educational supplier websites seem reluctant to give pricing, PoA still seems to apply, but eBay has some ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

In message , The Night Tripper writes

How about a pickle spoon? I have one, just like that, for getting pickled onions out of the bottom of the jar :-)

Reply to
News

Hi, A palette knife from an art supplies shop..cut down...? David G

Reply to
gilli

See here:

centres often have a double-ended spatula (often called a "widger" for some reason) for transplanting small seedlings, You could use one of those.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

you might be able to pick up a marrow spoon at a car/boot antiques fair

they are about the right shape.(apparently fishermen use someth> Hi all

Reply to
Ian & Hilda Dedic

If it doesn't need to be metal you can get a box of 1,000 wooden coffee stirrers for a few pounds - for example :-

useful for glue spreading and epoxy mixing.

Reply to
Peter Parry

In message , The Night Tripper writes

Rapidonline sell them at 5 for £1.12 + vat , but there is a delivery charge of £4.95 + vat for order under £30. But it's not a site that is hard to find 'handy things' on :-)

Or ebay, £1.75 + postage for 1

Reply to
chris French

Brilliant, thanks. 'Nuffield Pattern' is the key, although I don't know why my eBay search of 'spatula Stainless Steel' didn't get me there. And I did Nuffield Science, so that works ;-)

I may order from here:

than eBay - they look a little better quality, their delivery charges are not extortionate, and they have a few other items that 'might come in useful' ...

Thanks again J^n

Reply to
The Night Tripper

Reply to