Seeking prefilled sandbags

.......more correctly, I'm looking for a supplier who can deliver sandbags prefilled with "dry mix" for reinforcing an unstable stream bank. Probably around 200 depending on size

Any Ideas?

Location N Hants/W Surrey

David

Reply to
Vortex

"Vortex" wrote | .......more correctly, I'm looking for a supplier who can deliver | sandbags prefilled with "dry mix" for reinforcing an unstable | stream bank. Probably around 200 depending on size | Any Ideas?

Depending on the amount of work required, it might be quicker to use those stone-filled wire cages. I think they're called gabions.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Have you got permission from the Environment Agency? As I understand it, any "in-river works" require permission from them. Especially if you are considering using cement, as spillage into the river of large quantities can cause fish deaths. Would a soft-engineering option be possible, i.e. using willow whips or woven hurdles? These methods stabilise the bank, as also provide habitat. Plus they don't look ugly!

Nathan

Reply to
Nathan Critchlow-Watton

Good suggestion. I'll pursue it. Thanks.

David

Reply to
Vortex