Seeking Flymo in-line plug

It's this sort of thing, but the male bit?:

ISWYM, probably the only way to get hold of one would be buy an extension lead for ~£18 or maybe £14 from a Flymo spares place:

I'd just use the above flex connector to make an adapter then securely attach the plug to the handle of the mower.

If you did buy the lead then a 3 pin plug could be wired to the spare socket and cable, as a spare or for Ebay.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Hi,

Sorry I didn't pick up that your flymo had it built into the handle.

As I said before, this is readily available from your local mower repair place. You can either get the flylead and rewire your B&D or alternatively, there is an adapter which will convert the B&D male to a flymo male - no rewiring.

If you can't get one locally then email me and I will put you in contact with a place which can send you one mail order.

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

Well I was over that part of town today and called in: result! Many thanks.

Got the flylead.

Actually, the other day at B&Q I found an flymo extension cable which has the flymo male and female (rewirable) plugs at either end. Made by Masterplug, and as there was an invitation on the label to "visit our website"

I later did so, to see if there was any mention of the male flymo plug on sale. But no - what a bizarre corporate site! (definitely the right Masterplug - same logo).

David

Reply to
Lobster

Did you ever find this?

Reply to
Nick Frost

I'm guessing after 11 years the electric flymo has gone to the great electrical graveyard somewhere. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

On 16 Feb 2016, Tim+ grunted:

Well. Bizarrely 11 years later I can tell you yes I did find it - I was trying to rewire my B&D strimmer so I could use it with a standard Flymo extension cable, which is what I did - the strimmer's still going strong.

I couldn't remember for the life of me where I found the necessary part, but a bit of Google Groups searching found the 11-year-old thread, which also includes the answer - as I can now recall, it was just at a local mower shop:

(or
$20Flymo$20in-line$20plug/uk.d-i-y/VjrjiHakK6s/t4YUcsILCwAJ)

Christ, it's a bit much when it gets so you have to google the contents of your own brain...

Reply to
Lobster

Thanks!

Reply to
nickfrostline

I was given a Flymo electric mower (the wheeled variety - not hover) a few years ago by a Freecycle donor. It came without a cable. All my extension cables were for B&D or Bosch devices - both of which use the same 2-pin plug as each other, but different from flymo.

I bought one of these (or similar)

and made up a short adapter cable with that at one end and a B&D 2-pin male plug at the other. This enabled me to use the flymo mower with my B&D cables.

It was pretty useless though, and I soon realised why it had been given away! I gave it to another unsuspecting Freecycle client, and bought a petrol mower.

Reply to
Roger Mills

replying to The Natural Philosopher, alex ward wrote: Click here to reply to Lobster, no account necessary try B&Q

and yes you get both bits totaly flymo compatible (all modern flymos that is)

Reply to
alex ward

After 11 years since the question was asked I'll wouldn't be surprised if the Flymo hasn't gone to landfill by now.

Are not home owners hub users informed that the site is trawling the archives for posts that are a decade or more old?

Reply to
alan_m

Very good. But I doubt Turnip is up to any gardening these days. His nurse will cut the grass now.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)