Security Violation

Page 1 of 2
I thought you might like to look at this, it is very disturbing
Subject: Passport details
Dear All, This may come as quite a surprise but a website that holds everyone's passport details. When I checked, sure enough, there it was. Anyone can access other people's personal

The website address is: http://www.humnri.com/enter/passport
Grouch wrote:

This is outrageous!
And I 'check'ed the appropriate box when I filled the application . . . .
--
ah

I feel a letter to my MP coming on.....
PoP
-----
My published email address probably won't work. If you need to contact me please submit your comments via the web form at http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk
I apologise for the additional effort, however the level of unsolicited email I receive makes it impossible to advertise my real email address!
"PoP" wrote
| >> The website address is: http://www.humnri.com/enter/passport | >This is outrageous! | >And I 'check'ed the appropriate box when I filled the application . . . . | I feel a letter to my MP coming on.....
Has anyone actually tried this?
"You didn't really think you could get someone's Passport Information over the internet, did you ;) Click here to Email Your friends & Relatives to Fool them too!!!"
If you want a nice Indian bride however, the site seems big on Matrimonial Matters.
Owain
On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:42:24 -0000, "Owain"

It is well known that people's credit card information has been made accessible over the Internet by lax security arrangements. So why not passport information?
Besides which, I was purposely trying to add to the mirth that was taking place. I must admit that your passport photograph was downright ugly! ;)
PoP
-----
My published email address probably won't work. If you need to contact me please submit your comments via the web form at http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk
I apologise for the additional effort, however the level of unsolicited email I receive makes it impossible to advertise my real email address!

Mine was flattering.
Mary

"PoP" wrote | "Owain" wrote: | >"You didn't really think you could get someone's | >Passport Information over the internet, did you ;) | It is well known that people's credit card information has been made | accessible over the Internet by lax security arrangements. So why not | passport information?
That's why I visited the site to check (and I thought it would be fun to see someone else's passport). However the "..." indicated that I was quoting the text from the site.
| Besides which, I was purposely trying to add to the mirth that was | taking place. I must admit that your passport photograph was downright | ugly! ;)
No, it was an improvement.
Owain

publicised, there isn't much that you can't find anyway by looking in the electoral register and/or the phone book.
--
Chris Green

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:48:39 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk wrote:

You can opt out of both of those...!
--
Bob Eager
begin by not using Outlook Express...

You can opt out of having a passport...

It's a *joke*.
After several delays (and some quite amusing "Please Wait" animations) you get a spoof passport of a chimpanzee.

Thanks, I was aware of that.

Grouch

Grouch

[30 lines snipped]

Yes. I rarely go, since the music is too loud.
On 21 Feb 2004 00:01:21 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ukmisc.org.uk (Huge) wrote:

All those male voice choirs.....
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
"Andy Hall" wrote | >>Do you ever get invited to Partys.? | >Yes. I rarely go, since the music is too loud. | All those male voice choirs.....
You should see IMM dancing a cross between the Veleta and the Mashed Potato to: Cwm Rhondda (Y Fersiwn Roc).
Owain