Security Violation

I thought you might like to look at this, it is very disturbing

Subject: Passport details

Dear All, This may come as quite a surprise but a website that holds everyone's passport details. When I checked, sure enough, there it was. Anyone can access other people's personal

information.

I've removed my details. I suggest you all do the same.

The website address is:

Grouch

And I 'check'ed the appropriate box when I filled the application . . . .

Reply to
ah

I feel a letter to my MP coming on.....

PoP

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If you need to contact me please submit your comments via the web form at

apologise for the additional effort, however the level of unsolicited email I receive makes it impossible to advertise my real email address!

Reply to
PoP

So what information is on your passport that you don't want publicised, there isn't much that you can't find anyway by looking in the electoral register and/or the phone book.

Reply to
usenet

You can opt out of both of those...!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I suggest you look at the site.

It's a windup.

Reply to
Huge

You can opt out of having a passport...

Reply to
Neil Jones

This spoof has been repeated several times recently.

Reply to
Peter Crosland

I thought mine was a good likeness. But it was taken some time ago.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It's a *joke*.

After several delays (and some quite amusing "Please Wait" animations) you get a spoof passport of a chimpanzee.

Reply to
Huge

Indeed, but the information isn't published, so no need!

Reply to
Bob Eager

looking

Thanks, I was aware of that.

Reply to
Neil Jones

"PoP" wrote | ah wrote: | >> The website address is:

| >This is outrageous! | >And I 'check'ed the appropriate box when I filled the application . . . . | I feel a letter to my MP coming on.....

Has anyone actually tried this?

"You didn't really think you could get someone's Passport Information over the internet, did you ;) Click here to Email Your friends & Relatives to Fool them too!!!"

If you want a nice Indian bride however, the site seems big on Matrimonial Matters.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

=========================================== Do you ever get invited to Partys.?

Grouch

Reply to
Grouch

Is that somewhere in Wales ? :-)

Reply to
KD

;o)

Grouch

Reply to
Grouch

It is well known that people's credit card information has been made accessible over the Internet by lax security arrangements. So why not passport information?

Besides which, I was purposely trying to add to the mirth that was taking place. I must admit that your passport photograph was downright ugly! ;)

PoP

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If you need to contact me please submit your comments via the web form at

apologise for the additional effort, however the level of unsolicited email I receive makes it impossible to advertise my real email address!

Reply to
PoP

[T] Ah, that explains it .. I tried and indeed it showed a picture of you Mary! I'd report that anyway .. obviously the database lookup isn't being cleared between connections .. .. ;-)

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Mine was flattering.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Ah - but I'm old and wise enough to get in first!

You mean we're look-alikes?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher