Security Screws

Just painted-over screws seem to hold me up a good while . . . ;-)

Reply to
RJH

The ones who came to our amateur theatre a couple of years ago even brought an angle grinder. They managed to leave that behind when they scarpered over the fence when their lookout saw the police arriving

Reply to
Charles Hope

An impact driver (not a powered one) will remove most of those things. They are noisy but if the plate is where the noise can't be heard he may as well use a crow bar or a sledge to remove the lock.

Reply to
dennis

Some do as can be seen from the one convicted of "being equipped to commit a burglary".

If the thief is well know, carrying gloves could be enough, a mole grip and bent screwdriver a cert.

Reply to
dennis

dennis@home scribbled

If you consider those to be a toolkit, you're well off the mark.

Reply to
Jonno

How about covering the wooden beam with more wood and totally concealing the existence of the lock? So removing the temptation and the means.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

You should have met my last next door neighbour. DIY tasks beyond belief.

Reply to
ARW

You obviously breed a poor class of chummy in your neck of the woods.

If he's bright enough to carry a screwdriver (since you're concerned about the fixings) then he might as well carry a range of bits for it.

He might also decide that "Security" fixings are used where there's valuable stuff to be protected. He doesn't want to waste his precious time on rubbish.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

When my Dad bought the premises for his workshop in *1977*, the insurance company required that the windows be covered with security grilles, with the screws welded to the frame to prevent thieves simply removing the grille.

So, aged 11, I learned how to arc weld :)

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Or security fixings were mandated by insurance ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Hmm.

Either too subtle for a tealeaf, or 'insurance cover = valuable swag'.

I wonder if they do apprenticeships?

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Some (metal loaded) epoxy would probably slow you down even more!

Reply to
John Rumm