Security Lighting

I am contemplating in getting security light on my driveway. do they have a range, so I don't have to light up the road when someone walks by. I also need it, as in when I am, parking my car in the drive. Any suggestions would be grateful
Ta in advance
Stephen
--

He Who Laughs Last
Is a Last Laugher

Select a fitting with a low wattage lamp, something in the region of 100 to 150 watts, so you're only lighting your driveway and not anywhere else.
http://www.boston.gov.uk/web042000/environmental/light_pollution.htm
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

so that pedestrians won'r trigger it

That's not low wattage. Floodlights with 2 x 9W lamps are low wattage.
Colin Bignell

Use a number of 9W or 11W energy saving fittings along the drive. They give a surprising amount of light at night, but you can control the spread much more easily than you can with a single source. Using separate PIRs also allows you more flexibility than having them mounted on the light fittings.
Colin Bignell