Security Lighting

I am contemplating in getting security light on my driveway. do they have a range, so I don't have to light up the road when someone walks by. I also need it, as in when I am, parking my car in the drive. Any suggestions would be grateful

Ta in advance

Stephen

Reply to
STEPHEN

Select a fitting with a low wattage lamp, something in the region of 100 to 150 watts, so you're only lighting your driveway and not anywhere else.

BigWallop

to 150 watts, so you're only

so that pedestrians won'r trigger it

Reply to
Chris Oates

to 150 watts, so you're only

That's not low wattage. Floodlights with 2 x 9W lamps are low wattage.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Use a number of 9W or 11W energy saving fittings along the drive. They give a surprising amount of light at night, but you can control the spread much more easily than you can with a single source. Using separate PIRs also allows you more flexibility than having them mounted on the light fittings.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar