security light

Could you tell me if i need a internal wall mounted fused switch , If the outside security light i am fitting has a PIR sensor fitted ?? Thank you

Reply to
andrew donachie

In message , andrew donachie writes

You need a switch of some sort. If running from the light circuit then just a light switch will do. If spurring off the ring main then you need a switch Fused connection unit.

Reply to
chris French

If you don't have a switch how are you going to turn it off when you need the change the bulb?

I hope that this security light isn't a 1/2 kilo watt jobbie, you may find that bulbs don't last long after the neighbours get pissed off with the glare an throw stones at it.

Wander over to groups.google.com and search this group for older threads on why powerful "security" lights are anything but and cause light pollution.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice