Section 607 of BS7671

A friend has asked me to put in a new ring main in his new office and this has to be certified to be connected to the meter buy the power supplier. I have been told that as there are to be computers on this circuit it must comply to section 607 of BS7671. I have looked this up and it appears to apply to earthing requirements for the installation of equipment having high protective conductive currents. The computers that will be used are all notebook types so the only connection to the mains will be the chargers, so the question is will the circuit still have to meet 607?.

Trevor Smith

Reply to
Trevor Smith

If they are all Class II (double insulated with no earth connection), then no. However, how are you guaranteeing that's all the ring will ever be used for? It's negligable extra effort to comply, so you might as well do it anyway.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Indeed. It can be actually easier to comply than not, because you don't need to get so many connections into one hole, but can spread them over the 2 holes. You just need to take care consumer unit end to ensure separate earth connections are used.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle