Secondary glazing from the caterer

A little birdie has told me that a cheap alternative to filmglaze stuf

is to buy a big roll of catering clingfilm and some double sided tape. Is this an urban myth or no

-- Windy Miller

Reply to
Windy Miller

Anything like this will work. Clarity, and robustness may vary though.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

You can get plastic heat shrink film which you attach with double sided tape and then shrink with a hair dryer so it is nice and taught.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

We (uk.d-i-y) pretty much agreed agreed that Polycell stopped making / B&Q stopped stocking it several years ago.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Wickes, next to the draught excluder strip - another thing I noticed yesterday! I *think* it's 6 sq. m. for £5.99 - I didn't buy any, so I don't know the exact size. There seems to be a roll of 10mm wide tape in the package.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Saw some in Focus recently. I think it was the same as the pack I have in the cupboard, which is by Stormguard

Reply to
John Armstrong

I shall empty my piggy-bank and if there's sufficient shall possibly head Wickeswards tomorrow or Sunday.

Owain

Reply to
Owain