second-hand combi boiler

I am looking to buy a second hand combi boiler for a friend. I am based in London. Any Ideas

Thanks John

Reply to
john

Only not to do it! Personally a boiler is one thing I wouldn't want to buy second hand... unless you aren't paying for fitting, the labour cost is pretty high compared to the cost of the material, even when new. Could work out expensive if you end up with a dog, or one with not much life left in it.

I once tried to flog an old boiler myself - nothing wrong with it, just too small for my newly-extended house - and couldn't even find anyone interested. Eventually, down to the tip it went.

David

Reply to
Lobster

appliance.

New & boxed '2nd Hand' sometimes come up on Ebay (at some stage they were probably were awaiting fitting in someones van...)

Reply to
Ed Sirett

You can buy a new combi starting from just over £300, I'd avoid a second hand one. Just one repair will cost you at least £80-£100 in London. Then there are all the fittings and flue etc which won't be usable. In the long run it just won't be worth it. Obviously there's the safety aspect as well.

Reply to
StealthUK

I wouldnt recommend buying a 2nd hand combi. First question that comes to mind is,why is the boiler 2nd hand? is it nicked/faulty?. If it has been fitted before,are there bits missing? will you need to buy a new flue becuase it has been cut to suit the previous location?. It isnt worth the hassle,buy a good quality new one,donr buy cheap junk,you'll regret it.

joe

Change the 900 to 670 in the return email address to reply

Reply to
tarquinlinbin