Seasons Greetings!

I've just received:

"bring a toilet roll with you" :-(

Merry Christmas

Reply to
tim.....

Easter borrowed the Spring Equinox. Halloween borrowed the Autumn Equinox.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Likewise.

Trying to decide if I can get a strip of wall plastered between lunch and The Good Life.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

All,

Have a great turkey seasoning and a happy Christmas!

Making a Centrifugal TURKEY Cooking Machine

Let it snow... (please not)

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

And to everyone!

I have just sat down after 3 solid hours cooking - this *might* be the first year where everything is actually ready at the same time :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

I envy thee...

I did get 3 hours gaming on Splatoon last light 'til 2am :)

For those that don't know, you are a squid and you run around (the squid has both "elven" and squid forms) and smack mostly japanese kids** in the face with a giant paint roller ;-)

** It's an online game - and most of the names at that time of night are in hira/kata-gana and are all Level 50 :)
Reply to
Tim Watts

I started drinking at 9am...

Reply to
Tim Watts

We got the sprogs to make us drinks and deliver them to us in bed at about 10am ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Just opened a bottle of wine, but we had one open already. ;)

We went for a walk along the beach this morning. I swear it was far busier than normal, despite the weather being pretty poor. Is it a tradition amongst some families to go for a Crimbo walk in the morning, presumably to work up an appetite?

Reply to
GB

In years past, our Christmas day started with pink champagne in bed at around seven thirty... :-) Unfortunately, no more (illness intervened in such enjoyments). :-(

Went out for a while, surprised how busy the roads were, especially the motorway. Surprised how many shops were open (albeit, smaller ones). Something like half the ones on our nearby little parade. Two food shops, pizza place and one or two others. As well as the Waitrose at motorway services.

Jolly good Christmases all round. And I really must learn how to type the word properly - instead of Christams, go back, correct...

Reply to
polygonum

Probably. There were lots about yesterday when I was trying to finish off flailing the hedges.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

In message , News writes

We are having a rather disjointed xmas this year.

SWMBO was on call xmas day (hospital O&G consultant). Which means she has to go in in the morning, and would then normally come home at about

12 and is then on call from home till tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately the registrar (her underling who is the doc who stays in the hospital) was in an RTA so couldn't come in to work, so SWMBO had to stay in (would have been until 9pm, but the night registrar cam in early, sop was about 7)

Grandparents are her, the kids has some 'Father xmas' small pressies today, we had curry for dinner this evening and will have 'xmas' tomorrow. with the neice and nephew as well.

~And then on Tuesday 14yo DD1 goes off to Spain for 3 months on an exchange.

happy xmas everyone

Reply to
Chris French

I did.

Days off plastering and wiring tomorrow and Sun as have run out of PVA and T&E.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Quite. ;-)

Yeah, my sister ripped tiny one out of the ground when we were kids and out walking the dogs beside a fir tree plantation. ;-(

It was potted up when we got home and we did as you did for a while then planted it in front of the house when too big. When it was taller than the house Mum had it cut down. ;-)

And to you. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Hey, you have the power my friend. It just takes so training and perseverance. ;-)

Cool.

Sounds a giggle.

So, Xmyth eve was mostly helping daughters ex sort the brakes and fit a new exhaust on his van (yes, outside in the wind and rain). ;-(

Today was helping the BIL sort an old W3.11 486 I built for him ages ago (but still holds stuff he needs on WordStar (stuck hard drive motor)) and check / tidy XP, W7 and Ubuntu on a dual core PC I built for him not so long ago. In return he said he'd go though and service the box of s/h OO gauge locos I recently bought to use as a test bed for me for use on an Arduino based autonomous analogue railway system we are working on.

Tomorrow I think I'm supervising daughter replacing the rear bumper on her Transit Connect and checking if the OBD interface and I bought recently and Forscan can read it ok. ;-)

Oh, and whatever fresh food I fancy, no leftovers to use up here. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I've been retired almost 19 years but I'm up at 6:30 every morning - yesterday and today included. Habits are hard to break! (Also, dogs don't lie-in.)

Reply to
Bob Martin

That'll be two of us then.

I seem to have developed some sort of hip inflammation over the last three days. Lying in bed is actually uncomfortable!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I failed (again).

Lying turkey took an extra 45 minutes.[1] I know it's not the oven 'cos I've checked that with a thermocouple previously. But by previous efforts, it was a win :)

[1] Possibly because it was a crown that came with a foil tray that I threw away and used my main tray with a rack. I expect the rack slows it down.
Reply to
Tim Watts