Searching for a door

A mate of mine needs to find a door to match this one:

know where we can buy something like it?

Needless to say the original maker no longer does that style...

Reply to
John Rumm

Take an holiday in India and ship a container of made to spec. doors just like it?

That way he might get a return on his investment selling them off.

OTOH, he could always make one himself.

Although we live in a sophisticated part of the world, with 24/7 electricity supplied and unparalleled access to a variety of fairly cheap d-i-y machinery, there is no reason to believe that we can not make such things in this country.

Have you considered asking this question on a d-i-y newsgroup?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

I had the external doors on my late parents' house made by a local cabinet maker, as the sizes were non-standard. I don't recall it being terribly expensive, but he did have about three months' work in hand, so it wasn't quick. The alternative is lots of router practice.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

nightjar >

>>> Anyone know where we can buy something like it?

Making one would normally be the way to go (after all the mate who wants it is a professional joiner by trade), however the time scale, and other work that needs to be done on the place, dictate purchase of something ready made in this case.

Reply to
John Rumm